A quick note to welcome you to season 2022, which is our 40th year since inception and 25th year of celebrating women’s football in the Bay.
The committee and associated volunteers have been feverishly working behind the scenes to make this year one to remember, with:
- New unforms and associated apparel are set to be distributed to all players thanks to our amazing sponsors;
- BBFC representation in both the men’s and women’s inaugural Shire Premier League (SPL) competition;
- the opening of Pixie’s office on the banks of the river;
- 40th and 25th milestone celebrations headlining our social agenda; and
I can’t wait for the season to kick off on Saturday 26th March with our SPL teams starting a week earlier on Sunday 20th March, including:
- 2pm, Kareela #3 – Premier League Men v Como Jannali
- 3pm, Kareela #2 – Premier League Women v Gymea United
- 4pm, Kareela #3 – Premier League Men (Reserve Grade) v Como Jannali
All Premier League games are at the artificial fields at Kareela (with some overlap) – a great opportunity to see all three teams play.
Thank you to everyone who has put in mountains of work to get our club ready for this season – especially those involved in registrations, gradings, field allocations, and all of the necessary tasks that make it possible for us to get on the park.
Looking forward to seeing you at our first social extravaganza of the year ‘Back to the Bay’ on Sunday 27 March 2022’ at Lakewood and the Hanger.
Bonnet Bay FC