WELCOME TO OUR 40TH SEASON
2021 is set to be a huge year at Bonnet Bay FC as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary which will hinge around a major community event at Lakewood City Reserve on Saturday 27 March 2021. We hope to see as many people as possible who have been associated with the club since 1982 at this event and ask members to get the word out to their neighbours, friends and other contacts. Full details will follow but there will be something for everyone.
We envisage a record number of players for the 3rd successive season. This optimism is the result from continuing commitments in a number of areas including:
- the launch of our exciting Bonnet Bay FC Academy. Learn more about the incredible array of practical technical director advice, courses and training resources we are making available to parents, players, coaches and others at bonnetbayfc.com/academy. This program is unsurpassed for an amateur club like ours
- our Academy providing every boys and girls team and coach up to under 16s with access to well-qualified technical directors to help keep their development on track.
- continued improvement to amenities for members, guests and hirers of our clubhouse, The Hangar
- continued improvement to our sponsorship programs to fund further club initiatives we are working on
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
Most of the registration process can be completed on-line, even for new players so we encourage you to save yourself and us time by doing this.
This post contains info to help you get started.
We ask all members to refer team-mates and others who may be interested in joining the Bombers in 2021 to this post. While the season may seem a long way off we need to finalise teams by mid-February – please help us by registering asap. (Players from 8s and older received a $50 if they registered before 15/2. We welcome registrations from males and females wishing to join any of our teams.
- MiniRoos – Boys & Girls Under 6s to Under 11s – – players welcome for all age groups – register or send your enquiry to email@example.com(Jeremy Hill)
- Womens – Under 12s to Under 21s, Opens, Over 38 – send enquiries to Carla Richardson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mens – Under 12s to Under 21s, Opens, Over 35s, Over 45s – send enquiries to Marc Orklin email@example.com
COACHES, MANAGERS & VOLUNTEERS
We are a not for profit community club run by volunteers – please let us know how you can help.
- Everyone interested in coaching a team in 2021 (even returning coaches) should email their application to the relevant address above.
- We invite expressions of interest from managers and other volunteers.
- We particularly need volunteers to join our teams looking after canteen, registrations, promotions, sponsor support, fields & general admin – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Season starts Saturday 10/4 & Sunday 11/4
- No Sunday games on Anzac Day (no catch-up round to be played)
- Grand finals are scheduled for 28/8 & 29/8
PREPARE BEFOREHAND TO SPEED UP REGO PROCESS
You will save time by spending some time preparing beforehand.
Rego sessions will be held at The Hangar, Lakewood City Reserve, Bonnet Bay on Saturday 30/1 and Sunday 7/2 from 1pm to 4pm.
Returning players (or players transferring from another local club) do not need to attend a rego session.
New players (if not transferring from another local club) will need to attend a rego session with original, unaltered documents to prove their date of birth (birth certificate or passport) and proof they live in Sutherland Shire (eg rate notice or unaltered drivers licence).
Need Help with Rego/ Uniform Fittings/ Cash Payments etc – have a go on-line but attend a rego session if needed.
STEP BY STEP REGO PROCESS
All players (ie returning or new) should register on-line following the steps below. You will receive further info during the rego process.
Have measurements for height, waist, chest and shoe size ready to order uniform requirements when registering on-line.
Apply for an ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER ($100 rebate available to students attending Kindergarten to Year 12 at any NSW public or private school). This is easiest claimed when registering,
If registering for a few people you may save time by LINKING accounts for family members (eg kids). A parent will need to have their own account to do this – set up a non-playing account if needed.
Get ID photos ready for upload if needed. The following players will need to upload a passport style jpeg photo under 1mb in size during the rego process
• all players intending to play under 10s to under 12s
• all players whose photo is more than 3 years old
• all players in 13s and over who have not played for an SSFA club previously
• all players whose current photo is not to standard.
Photos should be above shoulders only with full face shown. No caps or glasses (except your photo must show sports glasses if worn when playing). Photo may be cropped in rego system after upload
Have your credit card ready. You can also pay by bank transfer after you receive your rego invoice. Anyone wishing to enter a 3 month payment plan should contact email@example.com immediately after registering.
Under 18s & Younger
BBFC supplies a returnable playing shirt at no cost for all players. Order your shirt size on-line or at a rego session.Shorts & socks may be ordered and paid for when you register on-line or arranged at a rego session.
Under 21s & Older
Playing shirt, shorts & socks may be ordered and paid for when you register on-line or arranged at a rego session.
12s & Over Free Club Jackets
Every player in under 12s & over who has not received a club jacket since 2018 will receive one at no cost. Order your size on-line when registering.
- Credit card payments will be accepted on-line at time of registration.
- Payments can also be made by direct transfer to: Bonnet Bay FC Inc., BSB 032155, Account no 18-0815, Reference – invoice no.
- Payment Plans – Email firstname.lastname@example.org request setting up a 3 month payment plan.
REGISTRATION HELP & MORE INFO
You will need to use the email and password you used when you last used the rego system. Log in at www.playfootball.com.au and follow instructions below including fact sheets if needed. If you played last year use the “I already have an account” option.
Support can update your password if necessary but you may need to use an old email account.
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT & OTHER INFO WHEN REGISTERING SO WE HAVE CURRENT INFO.
Rego Fees are set out in the rego system. They are based on the age each player turns during this calendar year. Despite the significant advancements in facilities and services over the past 10 seasons registration fees have increased minimally in that time mainly due to sound financial management and the fantastic support of our sponsors.
UNDER 21S & OVER – REBATES FOR RETURNING PLAYERS
With last season having been severely affected by COVID-19 the BBFC Executive Committee has decided that all players in under 21s and older age groups who return to the club in 2021 and pay their rego fees on time and in full will receive a $50 voucher to use for selected purposes around the club. Details will follow.
There is a separate question in the rego system to nominate your preferred team.
While we do our best to keep everyone happy the club cannot guarantee you will be placed in your preferred team. As teams move through age groups it becomes increasingly important that players are allocated to teams based on skill level. This approach is supported by member responses to a club survey in 2018.
TECHNICAL DIRECTORS FOR 8s TO 16s
The club has engaged highly qualified technical directors to support all coaches and teams from under 8s to under 16s. They will attend most training sessions.
Members are entitled to discounts from various club supporters including Rebel Sports, Club Central, The Hangar & The Prince Hotel. See details under Member Benefits at https://www.bonnetbayfc.com/sponsors/member-benefits/