Welcome to the Bombers 2020 Season
This post contains info to help you get started on registering.
We ask all members to refer team mates and others who may be interested in joining the Bombers in 2020 to this post. We need to finalise teams by mid February – please help us by registering asap – players from 8s and older can save $50 if they register by 6/2.
In 2019 BBFC achieved a number of fantastic results on and off the field including:
• A record number of players
• Being named SSFA Club Champions for Open Mens 4s & over;
• 16 out of 26 competition teams making finals with Mens Open 8s and Boys 13s winning comps.
• Being named Club of the Year for the second successive season at the Menai District Sports Awards
• Being a nominee for Sutherland Shire Community Group of the Year
• Further improvements in our player development programs
• Paid off all loans used to develop the 2015 clubhouse re-development
We already have the following initiatives in the pipeline for 2020:
• commissioned the addition of awnings to our clubhouse o improve the amenity for patrons and hirers
• extended our commitments to player development with dedicated technical directors for MiniRoos, Mens and Womens Football
• commissioned an upgrade of lights at Lakewood to enable night games
• established some new sponsorship opportunities
Registrations for the 2020 Season are now open.
We welcome registrations from males and females wishing to join any of our teams.
• MiniRoos – Boys & Girls Under 6s to Under 11s – players welcome for all age groups – register or send your enquiry to email@example.com (Jeremy Hill)
• Womens – Under 12s to Under 21s, Opens, Over 38 (12C, W14D, W15B,W18A/B, W21C, WSA, WSB/C, WSE, W38B, W38C)- register or send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org (Carla Richardson)
• Mens – Under 12s to Under 21s, Opens, Over 35s, Over 45s (12A/B, 12D, 13B/C, 14C/D, 15B, 16A/B, 18B, 21B, 21C, AL2, AL5, AL9, AL10, AL13, 35A, 35F, 45A/B, 45B, 45D) – register or send your enquiry to email@example.com (Marc Orklin)
Coaches, Managers & Volunteers
We are a not for profit community club run by volunteers – please let us know how you can help.
• Everyone interested in coaching a team in 2020 (even returning coaches) should email their application to the relevant address above.
• We invite expressions of interest from managers and other volunteers.
• We particularly need volunteers to join our teams looking after canteen, registrations, promotions, sponsor support, fields & general admin – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
REGO PROCESS – PREP
Please follow the basic steps below to prepare to register. You will receive further info during the rego process.
All players (ie returning or new) should register on-line following the steps below:
• Returning players do not need to attend a rego session
• New players will need to attend a rego session with original, unaltered documents to prove their date of birth (birth certificate or passport) and proof they live in Sutherland Shire (eg rate notice or unaltered drivers licence).
• Rego sessions will be held at The Hangar, Lakewood City Reserve, Bonnet Bay on Wed 29/1 from 6 to 8; Sun 2/2 from 1 to 4 or Wed 5/2 from 6 to 8
STEP 1 – Have measurements for height, waist, chest and shoe size ready to order uniform requirements when registering on-line.
STEP 2 – Apply for an ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER ($100 rebate available to students attending Kindergarten to Year 12 at any NSW public or private school)
STEP 3 – If registering for a few people you may save time by LINKING accounts for family members (eg kids). A parent will need to have their own account to do this – set up a non-playing account if needed.
STEP 4 – Get ID photos ready for upload if needed. The following players will need to upload a passport style jpeg photo under 1mb in size during the rego process:
• all players intending to play under 10s to under 12s
• all players whose photo is more than 3 years old
• all players in 13s and over who have not played for an SSFA club previously
• all players whose current photo is not to standard. These players received a separate email prior to Christmas.
• Photos should be above shoulders only with full face shown. No caps or glasses (except your photo must show sports glasses if worn when playing). Photo may be cropped in rego system after upload
STEP 5 – Have your credit card ready. You can also pay by bank transfer after you receive your rego invoice. Anyone wishing to enter a 3 month payment plan should contact email@example.com immediately after registering.
New players should register on-line but must attend a rego session to produce their birth certificate/passport & proof they reside or attend school in Sutherland Shire.
TRANSFERS FROM OTHER CLUBS
If transferring from another SSFA club you can complete everything on-line provided you satisfy photo requirements. No ID process will be needed.
If transferring from a club outside SSFA you can register on-line but must attend a rego session to produce their birth certificate/passport & proof they reside or attend school in Sutherland Shire.
Under 18s & Younger
BBFC supplies a returnable playing shirt at no cost for all players. Order your shirt size on-line or at a rego session
Shorts & socks may be ordered and paid for when you register on-line or arranged at a rego session.
Under 21s & Older
Playing shirt, shorts & socks may be ordered and paid for when you register on-line or arranged at a rego session.
12s & Over Free Club Jackets
Every player in under 12s & over who has not received a club jacket since 2018 will receive one at no cost. Order your size on-line when registering.
• Credit card payments will be accepted on-line.
• Payments can also be made by direct transfer to:
– Bonnet Bay FC Inc., BSB 032155, Account no 18-0815 , Reference – invoice no.
• Early Bird Discount – An early bird discount of $50 applies when you register and pay on-line before 6/2/19 (this has already been deducted from the total cost).
• Student Discount – Full-time uni & TAFE students may claim a $25 discount Rather than pay on-line follow the payment details on your rego invoice (or just above here) but deduct $25. Submitting a copy of your student card to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your receipt.
• Payment Plans – Email email@example.com to request setting up a 3 month payment plan.
REGISTRATION HELP & MORE INFO
You will need to use the email and password you used when you last used the rego system. Log in at www.playfootball.com.au and follow instructions below including fact sheets. If you played last year use the “I already have an account” option.
Support can update your password if necessary but you may need to use an old email account.
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT & OTHER INFO WHEN REGISTERING SO WE HAVE CURRENT INFO.
Rego sessions will be held at The Hangar. Lakewood City Reserve, Bonnet Bay on:
• Wed 29/1/20 from 6 to 8; Sun 2/2/20 from 1 to 4; Wed 5/2/20 from 6 to 8;
Rego Fees are set out in the rego system. They are based on the age each player turns during this calendar year. Despite the significant advancements in facilities and services over the past 10 seasons registration fees have increased minimally in that time mainly due to sound financial management and the fantastic support of our sponsors.
There is a separate question in the rego system to nominate your preferred team.
While we do our best to keep everyone happy the club cannot guarantee you will be placed in your preferred team. As teams move through age groups it becomes increasingly important that players are allocated to teams based on skill level.
TECHNICAL DIRECTORS FOR 8s TO 16s
The club has engaged highly qualified technical directors to support all coaches and teams from under 8s to under 16s. They will attend most training sessions.
Members are entitled to discounts from various club supporters including Rebel Sports & The Prince Hotel. See details under Member Benefits at www.bonnetbayfc.com
SEASON START & DATES
• Season starts Saturday 28/3 & Sunday 29/3
• No games at Easter
• No Saturday games on Anzac Day – Saturday 25/4 – Saturday teams will play a catch up on Monday 8/6 of the June long weekend.
• Grand finals are scheduled for 22/8 & 23/8 with a spare weekend after if needed due to bad weather